- Salesforce Configuration & Administration
- Lab (Building Sample App. & Apex)
Configuration & Administration
Salesforce Configuration & Administration 20 hrs. – 30 hrs.
- Overview of salesforce.
- This module provides an overview of the Salesforce application. Specifically you’ll learn about the evolution and architecture of Salesforce, the different editions and applications that are available, as well as an overview of the different standard objects that are used to store and manage your data.
- Introduction to Identity Confirmation
- Learn how to use the identity confirmation feature to activate computers outside of your IP ranges, enter trusted IP ranges and keep your application both secure and accessible for your users.
- Setting Up the User Interface
- See how to enable and customize a variety of user interface settings for your end users, including list views, tags, and search and inline editing, among others.
- Organization Administration
- Learn the basics of organization administration including how to set up your company profile, adding multi-currencies and using fiscal years.
- Learn how to configure the Salesforce application to suit the business needs, including how to create custom profiles, custom fields and page layouts. In addition you’ll learn how to use tab settings, record types and field level security to control what data your users can access in the application.
- Security and Access
- Walk through the basics of configuring security and access settings in Salesforce. This includes creating and maintaining user records as well as setting up your company’s organization wide defaults, role hierarchy and sharing models. In addition you’ll learn how to mass transfer records, setup account and sales teams, and create folders to provide access to your organizations key documents.
- Learn the fundamentals of setting up Salesforce Workflow to automate the business processes that are common for your organization. You’ll learn how to configure workflow rules as well as setup the actions associated with those rules, including automated tasks, field updates and email alerts.
- Workflow Approvals
- See how to create an automated business process by using workflow approvals. You’ll learn how to plan your approval process and how to use the built in wizards to create the steps of your process as well as how to test your process.
- Data Validation
- Discover how to use Salesforce validation tools to ensure data integrity before it’s saved into the application. This includes learning how to create data validation rules, setting up a validation design methodology as well using the required and unique property features to control data that is entered.
- Data Utilities
- This module will teach the basics of Data Utilities including how to use data import tools like the Data Loader to import and export records as well as update existing data. In addition you’ll learn about the weekly export feature and best practices for storage utilization.
- Learn the basics of reporting in Salesforce, including how to create standard and custom reports by using different report types and filter criteria. In addition you’ll learn about creating custom summary formulas and using dashboards to display your results.
- The AppExchange
- Learn how to use the AppExchange to search for and install applications from the AppExchange, as well as how to manage and delete applications that you’ve installed
- Marketing Administration
- Discover what Marketing Administration features are available in Salesforce, and learn how to create a campaign targeting both existing and new leads, convert leads, and measure campaign results.
- Salesforce Service and Support
- Learn the basics of administering Salesforce Service and Support, including how to define the settings and rules for case processing using business hours, escalation rules, and email templates. In addition you’ll learn how to setup solutions to help support reps resolve cases more quickly and increase self-service options.
- Salesforce Console
- Discover how to setup Salesforce Console so users can access and view related information on one screen. See how you can configure the console so that it fits your business needs, and how to navigate through the console to find the information you want quickly.
- Extending Salesforce
- Understand the application features that allow you to extend your Salesforce implementation. This includes creating custom objects and tabs, defining relationships between objects, and building custom applications.
Force.com 30 hrs. – 35 hrs.
- Intro to Apex
- Get an introduction to Apex and discover what this on-demand programming language is capable of, what makes it different from other programming languages, how it works with the Force.com IDE, and where it can be authored and executed.
- Implementing Classes and Objects
- Dig deeper into the world of Apex with details on creating classes and objects. Learn the essentials around proper syntax, as well as specific variables and keywords. Also learn about security and sharing safeguards.
- Structuring Data
- Learn about the different data types used for Apex variables, including sObjects, which are unique to Force.com. Review variables and expressions, and discover how they function in Apex.
- Conditional and Loop Statements
- This module includes a brief review of conditional statements and contains an analysis of the five procedural loop statements that are supported by Apex. Each one is explained with detailed descriptions and examples so you are confident about when and how to use each of them.
- Implementing Library Classes and Methods
- Find out all about the delivered classes that come with the Apex language and their methods. Knowing the delivered library will ensure that you have all of the tools you need available to you and prevent you from re-inventing the wheel.
- Implementing Triggers
- Triggers are unique to Force.com and can execute when any data is saved. Learn about the different types of Apex triggers and the context for which to use each of them. Specifics include creating and executing triggers, and the proper syntax and variables to use with them.
- Exception Handling, Debugging, and Testing
- Ensure that your code runs smoothly by learning about the Apex error handling framework, and learn how to expand that framework with custom exceptions. Learn about the various tools available to you for debugging code as well as creating the required, environment-independent unit tests that must be created in order to deploy your code.
- Deploying Apex Code
- Find out all about migrating your Apex code from the development environment into a production environment. Learn about the tools available for deployment and the various sandboxes available for development. Details include specific deployment steps, and tips for training end users in the new production environment.
- Working with Web Services
- Learn all about creating your own custom Web Services for handling inbound requests as well as Apex callouts for making outbound calls to external Web Services.
- Receiving and Sending Emails Through Apex
- Create a Salesforce email service for handling inbound messages. Learn to send outbound messages directly from Force.com. This module includes thorough setup instructions, as well as information about creating debugging and email logs.
- Advanced Topics
- Continue to hone your Apex skills with these advanced topics. Subjects include Dynamic Apex, Visualforce controllers, Apex schedulers, and custom settings objects that can be used to store configuration data.
Labs 15 hrs. – 20 hrs.
- Building Recruiting App.
- Hands-on Webservice Integrations
- Production migration best practices